Saturday, May 29, 2010

Greetings

Greetings from Blue Heron Transitions.

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Sue Thornton. I am currently setting up my office as a hypnotherapist, Reiki Practioner, and Spiritual counselor.

This has been an interesting experience for me, going back to school at middle age, following a career path that I didn't have any idea I would lean toward until three years ago.

It has been kind of fun knowing that I'm in college as are two of my children. If we all were to attend the same school, I'm not certain how much fun this would be for them, but I've given myself a couple of pats on the back for challenging myself to restart my career.

I'd like to give you a bit of an idea of what gave me reason to start this change in my life. Three years ago my husband was diagnosed with liver cancer. We thought we'd have a good chance of getting a liver transplant, but as fate would have it, he didn't survive. At the time, I would look to the doctors for advice on what foods to feed him, and what I could do for him. Something to help him through the days. I was very discouraged when I received the answers I did. "Feed him whatever he wants. If he wants to eat all fried foods, then feed them to him." I learned quickly that they didn't have any hope that he would recover.
After his death, I was upset and angry with myself for not doing more. There had to be more than just the drugs and endless doctor visits and hospital stays.
Searching for my own spiritual path and purpose for being put on this earth, and an answer to what more could I have done for my husband, I went back to school, a Holistic college. And from there I moved into hypnosis and Reiki. I believe we all play a big part in healing our own bodies and lives. Our doctors play a huge part in our lives, perhaps they, too, would like as much help as we can give them.
So I'm here to assist you, your doctors, or someone else you may know that needs a helping hand. I can't heal you, I am just the channel to open the doors for you so you may heal yourself. It may not be from dis-ease, but a problem you just can't seem to figure out the answer to, or the fear of an upcoming surgery, weight-loss, or needing a helping hand with smoking cessation.
I love doing Reiki treatments, clearing out the negative energy that we attract to ourselves during our hectic schedules. Or if you just want to learn to relax, and reduce your stress, I'm here to help you.


Namaste,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment